Wednesday, September 15, 2010

32 Week Update

I'm down to my biweekly appointments. Monday I went to see my midwife and was informed that he'll be out of town for all of November. I was thinking to myself that it was fine with me because I wasn't feeling completely comfortable with him. I had been worrying about the fact that he stays with the mom the whole entire labor.
I tried to get in with midwife group at the hospital I'll be delivering at, but was told that I had missed their cutoff. Luckily, I have already seen the midwives' back-up doctor for a vbac consult and I got an appointment with him although they couldn't verify that he would take me on.
Assuming he does, I'll be happy because he gave me a 90% chance of a successful vba2c when most other women would have 70%-80%. He believes that repeat cesareans are much more risky. Unfortunately, he thinks the epidural helps the success of a vbac. I don't want to be tempted, but one of my best friends is going to be my doula so I'm feeling pretty confident in my abilities. Two weeks ago my midwife said the baby was breech and this week he wasn't 100% sure. I did the breech tilt from Spinning Babies, but I don't want to keep doing it if he's in the right place. I just really hope he's not going to be posterior like Violet was. I know I should be able to tell, but it's hard for me.

I've been having weekly chiropractic visits to make sure I stay in alignment. I chose one that primarily uses the Pro Adjuster. I would actually like a regular adjustment, but I don't feel like changing practices now. I still have a while to change my mind if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment